OC, DC, Jersey, New York, Atlanta & now Beverly Hills... those aren't Real Housewives. This is a day in the life of a REAL Housewife!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

For the Love of Lipgloss

So be honest how many lip glosses do you have? And don't forget to count the many that are littering the bottom of your purse! LOL I'm sure I have at least 20 just because they're so fun to buy. And if I don't see one I want then I buy one for my daughter. Now how to choose a good lip gloss, because lets be honest how many of those lip glosses aren't getting used because you don't like how sticky they are or the texture or they're too glittery. I thought I would review the lip glosses I have to help make your decision a little easier.

#1 Wetslicks by Covergirl
Color: Sizzle
Price: Between 5 & 6.00

So I had a lot of hope for this lip gloss, it looks so pretty in the tube. 
The applicator as you can see is your typical applicator which is fine.
The color is pretty good as well.
It has a slight vanilla smell to it. 
However I find it to be pretty sticky which is not good if you have long hair and the wind is blowing! 
If you're not concerned with whether it's sticky or not then this is a good gloss. 
Not sure it's 100% worth the price though. 

#2  Beauty Rush by Victoria's Secret
Colors: l to r in bottom pic... Grapefruit Blast, Cherry Bomb & Fruitloose
Price: 7.00 for the large tube the smaller tubes come in kits 


Let me start by saying my daughter LOVES these. 
They have a great smell to them, each tube is the scent of the name. 
They're a nice consistency however I think these are even stickier than the Wetslicks.
The color is very subtle which I do like. 
I would recommend these as a great every day type gloss. 
If you're one of those girls who doesn't like to wear lip stick and just wears lip gloss then these would be great for you. 
If you want to try them check the Victoria Secret website as my friends tell me you can almost always get the lip glosses on sale! 

#3 Hypershine Gloss by e.l.f
Colors from top to bottom: Pink, Berry Cherry, Cherry Tart
Price: $1.00

Unfortunately I have to start by saying I HATE the tube these are in. 
It says on the side to twist 7-10 times to prep it before use.
Okay so I did that and nothing would come out so I twist it some more to push the gloss up higher and the brush applicator pops off and I can't get it back on!
This has happened with 2 out of 3 of them, I'm afraid to try the third one! 
Now maybe I'm doing something wrong, who knows but I won't be buying these again.
I still tried it just to see if the gloss itself was worth the trouble, it's really not bad for a one dollar gloss. 
It's not all that sticky and it has a good color.
The smell is a faint vanilla. 
So if you can get the darn things to work right I'd say they're worth the dollar but if you can't they're just a pain. 
So buy at your own risk! 

#4 Minty Lip Gloss by e.l.f
Color: Nashville
Price: $3.00

This gloss comes in 9 different colors and you can purchase it at Target or on the e.l.f website. 
I love this one!
It's not sticky and the mintyness (is that a word) of it is awesome! 
I bought the more nude color so I could wear it just around the house. 
I wore it all day yesterday and I absolutely love it. 
This will definitely be one I will keep around and may just have to try some other colors!

#5 Glossy Gloss by e.l.f
Color: Berry Blush
Price: $3.00

Another great gloss by e.l.f!
This one comes in 10 different colors and has a great brush for the applicator. 
I bought this one as it was recommended by another makeup blog and I'm so glad I did. 
I really like the consistency and color of this one. 
It's also a great one for putting over lip stain or lip liner. 
This one is also available at Target and on the e.l.f website, although right now it's out of stock on the website. 

#6 Lip Enhancing Gloss by Smashbox
Color: Illume
Price: $18.00

I know, I know 18 bucks for a lip gloss is crazy right? 
Try it and trust me you won't think that anymore! 
This awesome gloss comes in 3 different kinds of color.... Sheer, True & Full with a combined 17 colors to choose from. 
I am so in love with this gloss! 
I use it over one of my favorite lip stains and it looks amazing!! 
I haven't tried the true or full colors yet but they definitely look like they're colorful enough you could wear those all alone and have plenty of color. 
This one is not sticky and moisturizes your lips wonderfully. 
So if you're willing to spend that kind of money on a lip gloss I say get Smashbox!! 
This can be found at Sephora, Ulta and on their website. 


Well I hope this has helped you in some way to narrow down the gazillion choices of lip gloss there are out there! If you know of some other really good glosses please leave a comment below so we can try them too :) 








1 comment:

  1. I bought e.l.f. gloss that comes in the same tube as V.S. and it was awful...same experience of the top coming off and it being a sticky mess! Threw it away! Luckily it was cheap. I'm a big fan of V.S. and Bath and Body Works has a similar product. In fact I was surprised it wasn't on this list because I see a lot of women using them. I love lip gloss because I am not a lipstick wearer! Thanks for the info:)

    ReplyDelete