OC, DC, Jersey, New York, Atlanta & now Beverly Hills... those aren't Real Housewives. This is a day in the life of a REAL Housewife!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pin Curls!


Sooo I've seen my hubby's Grandma do her hair up in pin curls ever since the first time I stayed at her house. She sits in front of the tv in her cute flannel pj's and watches her favorite shows while putting her hair up. No mirror necessary, she's been doing it since she was a kid so believe me she knows what she's doing! At any rate I've always thought, well that's for short hair it won't do anything for my hair. And then one day a few years ago I decided to give it a try. Well it would have helped if I knew what I was doing! I made the curls way too thick and my hair was way too wet when I put it up. So fast forward to the next morning when I go to do my hair and I take the gazillion bobby pins out to find that it's a complete waste of time. No curl, still damp = hot mess! So I just chalked it up to a style that doesn't do anything for long hair. Then along comes youtube and a plethora of videos on hair, makeup and the like. And let's just say over the past year at least I've become a complete junkie of these videos! So I see a girl with hair that's longer than mine doing pin curls and I stop to see what she's doing that I didn't. And I realize..... 1. I was making my curls way too thick. & 2. My hair was way too damp. So a few nights ago I was reading in bed with wet hair and decide that once it's close to dry I'm going to try yet again to do pin curls! It took me about 30-40 minutes to get it all up, then I threw a bandanna over my head and headed off to bed. The next day I waited until about 10:30am to take the curls out and see where I was at. I LOVED it!! Now mind you it was A LOT of curl and I definitely had to put it into a style of some sort. I would have looked like a poodle had I just worn it down! But it turned out so cute and with a little squirt of my all time favorite hair spray Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play Hard it was still looking good enough the next day for a curly updo :) So girls give it a try!! You never know what cute hair dos you can come up with once you've pin curled your hair!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment